Poole Parkstone Road flats evacuated after ‘e-cigarette fire’

Posted under Miscellaneous on 19 Feb 2014

About 30 people were evacuated from flats in Poole due to a fire which is thought to have been caused by the charging of an electronic cigarette.

It took more than 40 firefighters to tackle the blaze which started at about 09:30 GMT on the ninth floor of the Parkstone Road flats.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said no injuries had been reported.

It has issued a warning to e-cigarette users which includes not leaving them unattended while they are charging.

Source: bbc.co.uk

Got a question? Ask an expert!