Griffin News

Newport Pagnell warehouse fire started \’accidentally\’

A blaze that destroyed a warehouse in Buckinghamshire started accidentally, a fire service inquiry has said.

The Liebherr Distribution Centre in Newport Pagnell collapsed when a cardboard and polystyrene fire gutted its main building on Wednesday.

Fire and rescue station manager Ian Wilson said crews would remain on site as the remains were still smouldering.

Clouds of smoke were released and people were told to stay inside because of the risk from \”poisonous gases\”.

Phillip Harris, who lives next to the warehouse, said it would be some time before things would return to normal.

He saw the building collapse in the flames and said: \”We panicked at first because it was such a big fire and so close to the house.

\”There\’s only the space where we park our cars separating our house from the fire.\”

All the 20 people inside the building were accounted for and were unharmed.

Source: bbc.co.uk

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Name

Get in touch for a free quote

We’re here to help. You can get in touch by either contact the details below, or simply fill out the form and our team will be in touch

Scroll to Top

Need help? Call us on 020 7251 9379 or email us at customer.services@griffinfire.co.uk

Email our team

We’re here to help. You can get in touch by either contact the details below, or simply fill out the form and our team will be in touch

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Name

Need help? Call us on 020 7251 9379 or email us at customer.services@griffinfire.co.uk

Call our team

We’re here to help. You can get in touch by either contact the details below, or simply fill out the form and our team will be in touch