Crewe house fire: Woman dies in ‘fridge fault’ blaze

Posted under Fatalities on 03 Mar 2014

A 74-year-old woman died in a house fire thought to have been caused by a faulty fridge-freezer, the fire service said.

The blaze started in a bungalow on Prior Close, Wistaston, near Crewe, on Saturday evening.

An initial investigation suggested there was an electrical fault with the appliance, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

A smoke alarm was fitted and working in the home, it added.


Got a question? Ask an expert!