News

Contact us today for a FREE QUOTE on 020 7251 9379

25 Feb 2014

Jersey fire service blames winter sun for ‘severe fire’

Winter sun has been blamed for a house fire that took 20 firefighters to put out. Jersey Fire and Rescue service said the fire on Friday was caused by suns rays being magnified and reflected by a mirror. Area Commander Mark Johnson said it was rare but had been the cause of several fires in […]

24 Feb 2014

Penarth Leisure Centre visitors tried to fight sauna fire

Witnesses to a fire which broke out in the sauna of a leisure centre have told how they tried to put it out. Around 50 people had to be evacuated from Penarth Leisure Centre, Vale of Glamorgan, on Sunday. South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze started at around 17:14 and was out […]

20 Feb 2014

Blackdown Hall fire was ’caused by electrical fault’

A severe fire at an Edwardian apartment block in Leamington Spa was probably caused by an electrical fault, a chief firefighter has said. The blaze at Blackdown Hall started on the first floor of one of the flats at around 13:45 GMT on Wednesday before spreading to the roof. At its height 50 firefighters were […]

20 Feb 2014

Firefighters tackle Aberdeen esplanade blaze at Jimmy Chung’s

More than 50 firefighters have been tackling a major blaze on the beach esplanade in Aberdeen. Eight crews were sent to the fire in the basement of Jimmy Chung’s restaurant at around 04:20, and that later increased to 10. Flames have destroyed the roof of the building, despite the efforts of crews using a specialist […]

20 Feb 2014

Antrim fire: Man held over suspected arson at Tiger Court flats

A man has been arrested following a suspected arson attack in Antrim. Several people, including three police officers, were treated for smoke inhalation after the blaze at flats in Tiger Court. The fire, which is thought to have been started deliberately after a window was smashed, was reported at 01:25 GMT. A number of residents […]

20 Feb 2014

Blackdown Hall fire in Leamington causes ‘severe damage’

A fire that burned into the night at an Edwardian apartment block in Leamington has caused “severe damage”, firefighters have said. The blaze at Blackdown Hall is believed to have started on the first floor at around 13:45 GMT on Wednesday before spreading to the roof. Continue reading the main story “Start Quote When the […]

19 Feb 2014

Poole Parkstone Road flats evacuated after ‘e-cigarette fire’

About 30 people were evacuated from flats in Poole due to a fire which is thought to have been caused by the charging of an electronic cigarette. It took more than 40 firefighters to tackle the blaze which started at about 09:30 GMT on the ninth floor of the Parkstone Road flats. Dorset Fire and […]

19 Feb 2014

Firefighters tackle blaze at Blackdown Hall, Leamington

Around 50 firefighters have been tackling a blaze at an apartment complex in Leamington. It is understood the fire at Blackdown Hall, Leamington, started on the first floor before spreading to the roof. Crews were initially called to the former Edwardian home, which has been converted into flats, shortly before 13:45 GMT. One firefighter was […]

19 Feb 2014

Jack Buckley detained for killing friend Ryan Morrell in car blaze

A teenager who killed his friend by accidentally setting fire to a car has been given a three-year custodial sentence. Jack Buckley, 18, drunkenly broke a car window and dropped a lit cigarette lighter inside while using it to search for cannabis and other possessions. He did not realise his friend Ryan Morrell, 18, was […]

19 Feb 2014

Perth fire: Resident jumped from top floor flat

A man suffered serious injuries after jumping from a burning top floor flat. Firefighters were called to the blaze at St Catherine’s Square in Perth at about 23:30 on Tuesday. When they arrived, they were faced with a large fire on the top floor of a four-storey block. The 26-year-old man had already jumped from […]

Got a question? Ask an expert!

captcha